Email or call for price.
Storey's Guide to Raising Chickens in the BackyardAlmost two decades ago, when I first started a backyard flock, I had just two hens. If someone told me that I would someday write a book about how to manage a flock, I would've laughed.
But here we are I started writing this book in July of 2018, and after almost two years, it's finally ready. Consider this book a practical, easy-to-read guide for both beginners and experts. I thought it would be nice to include helpful summaries at the end of each chapter.Who is this book for?
- If you are a beginner and don't know yet if you should start raising chickens or have a farm at all, this book is going to help you learn all of the pros and cons of this type of activity. If you think that keeping chickens is difficult, you are right: it really is difficult and the goal of this book is to tell you as much as possible about the process of raising chickens, warn you about potential issues, and offer you tips on the most efficient way to start.
- If you are already experienced at poultry keeping and know enough to successfully raise chickens, you will find many notes from my own personal experiences and my own mistakes. I am hoping this will help you avoid these mistakes as well as facilitate new learning for future activity.
For easier reading, I highlighted certain tips and information:
- Mistakes I made in my own backyard homestead
- Life hacks I stumbled upon from my own experience
- Historical information as useful context
Throughout this book, you'll also find footnotes that help clarify unfamiliar words or jargon.
This book is a compilation of my seventeen years of experience raising chickens. I wrote this so you won't have to undergo a similarly long path to success as I did. All you need is just a few hours with this book. I believe that the personal experiences I share along with the comprehensive information I give you, this book will help you start your own healthy backyard flock. I may even deliver new valuable information to even the most experienced breeders."A fool learns only from his own mistakes. A wise man learns from the mistakes of others."
(Otto von Bismarck
)Check the uncovered book fragment and buy it now with 1-click *Please note that the book is available in two paperback formats - Black & White and Full-color. Choose the best one for you: ✎ Black & White edition
- is this one✎ Full-color edition
click on "See all 3 formats and editions" above the price, then click on the arrow on the left of the "Paperback" button.