Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
This is the world's first book entirely dedicated to 802.11ax
802.11ax (High-Efficiency Wireless) is the next evolution of WiFi, the most successful wireless technology in the world. This new release brings some of the most fabulous advances ever seen in wireless communications for decades and will be the enabling technology for IoT (Internet of Things), Big Data, Smart Cities, Industry 4.0, Edge Computing, and the Tactile Internet.
With over 120 pages and more than 60 detailed figures and tables, this book is not a raw analysis of the 802.11ax standard. It is made for both academics and industry experts and includes state-of-the-art information, as well as novel research trends. Whether or not you have a thorough knowledge of the previous 802.11 releases, this book will guide you through the following topics:
- Why ours is a WiFi world.
- How WiFi works, and what each main feature contributed to the standard during the last two decades.
- Which are the main challenges of modern wireless networks.
- What are the features introduced by 802.11ax, both on PHY and MAC layers.
- Why uplink and downlink MU-MIMO is a giant leap for the WiFi industry, and how it works.
- Why OFDMA (Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiple Access) orchestrates the transmission of different devices, and how it works.
- How to transmit and receive at the same time with IBFD (In-Band Full Duplex).
- How to deliver 4K video data rates with 1024-QAM.
- How to achieve a better use of radio resources with BSS coloring and TWT (Target Wake Time).
- How to cover outdoor environments like stadiums or Smart Cities with new frame formats and longer symbols.
This book aims to be the companion guide for engineers, scientists, technicians, and industry players that seek to understand the new features, challenges, and opportunities of 802.11ax: the WiFi standard that will disrupt how humans and things connect during the next decade
Pablo Aguilera (PhD) works as a Senior Researcher at Galgus, an award-winning, fast-growing, high-tech European startup that creates WiFi optimization software. He has passed the last 11 years teaching, designing, and implementing signal processing solutions for advanced wireless communications.