Make sense of complex medical terms with this comprehensive reference Mosby's Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing & Health Professions, 11th Edition includes more than 56,000 authoritative definitions along with 2,450 illustrations - that's twice the number of images found in other medical dictionaries. Appendixes in the book and online make it easy to look up frequently used information, and an enhanced eBook version includes animations, audio pronunciations, and more. Helping you communicate more effectively in the workplace, this reference is an indispensable reference for students, nurses, and healthcare professionals.
- More than 56,000 entries offer detailed definitions, as well as the latest information on pathophysiology, treatment and interventions, and nursing care.
- More than 2,450 color photographs and line drawings demonstrate and explain complex conditions and abstract concepts.
- Convenient alphabetical organization makes it easy to find key terms and definitions.
- Color Atlas of Human Anatomy includes clearly labeled drawings for easy A&P reference.
- Detailed appendixes provide useful information on lab values, pharmacology and clinical calculations, NIC and NOC, infection control standards, and more that can be used throughout your healthcare career.
- NEW Approximately 5,000 new and revised definitions reflect the latest developments in health care, drugs, and nursing terminology.
- NEW Approximately 500 new and updated illustrations are included.
- NEW Enhanced eBook includes linked audio pronunciations, animations, and integrated reference tables.
- NEW information on population health is included.
- NEW Significant revisions of pharmacology content bring this information up to date.
- NEW Added pronunciations are provided in this edition.